Sector: Petfood Industry
Turnover: >600M€. The third company in Europe in the Petcare dry food business
Employees: >1700 (7 Manufacturing sites based in Spain, France, Italy and Brazil)
Owner: Agrolimen Group
Position Location: Paris
Why join us?
Affinity is the Spanish Petfood Leader Company, the second player in the French and Italian market, and the third player in the European Market. We have more than 50 years' experience within the animal nutrition sector, and we are proud of feeding millions of dogs & cats every day around the world!
Our company is going through exciting times… We are growing and expanding internationally, with innovation projects & new market challenges.
We are looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager in France, who will report directly to the FP&A Original Grocery Business Unit and work hand in hand with the France Managing Director.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the company's financial practices are in line with the local statutory regulations and legislation and for co-piloting the France business, enabling the leadership team to clearly understand current and likely future financial performance and providing strategic financial support.
What will you do?
- Understand and manage the Profit and Loss account. Provide ad-hoc decision support on impacts, risks and opportunities on price and promotion activations.
- Lead & coordinate financial planning.
- Financialise S&OP outcomes to provide full P&L perspective YTD/YTG on a monthly basis
- Ensure company accounting procedure compliance to generally accepted accounting principles to:
- Monitor business performance by forecasting
- Explain deviations vs the Budget/estimations
- Anticipate risks and opportunities to top management & HQ
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing departments
- Regular interaction with the market top management for decision making based on numbers and analysis and participation in the preparation of the Business Reviews.
- Responsible for all financial and reporting activities (External Reporting to HQ and Internal Reporting: Financial Dashboard, Closing conference call, preparation of Board presentation, etc.…)
- Responsible for the forecasting, monitoring and controlling of the monthly results, analyzing Target/Actual differences and recommending actions for the management
- Ensure the accuracy of all financial statements, general ledger and financial IT tools: Essbase cube & database
- Coordinate and build Budget/Estimations and ensure communications with the central finance department for any action that may imply financial impact (i.e Cash Flow, etc..)
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and re-enforcing policies and procedures providing financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, business cases, innovations, capital expenditures etc..
Your experience & background
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics or similar. An MBA is also greatly appreciated
- Senior Management in company FMCG with over 7 years’ experience (ideally multinational) in SAP & Essbase environment knowledge
- Fluent in French & English
- Strong analytical skills, able to take complex ideas and summarize into concise insights and recommendations
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience in a business partnering role
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling forecast, and product-line/customer profitability analysis
- Ability to motivate & push teams to produce quality outputs within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Project management experienced skills
- Results-oriented person
- Leadership & Change Management capabilities